Albert Smith Signs manufacturing facility is located in Brisbane Queensland; However, we do have partners globally if you require international manufacturing or installation.
All quotations are free & have a turnaround time 5 working days.
Our Quotes have a valid timeframe of up to 30 days.
- Drawings or sketches of your designs including nominal sizes to the best of your knowledge
- Or measurement of the area the sign is to be located
- If you require it to be illuminated or non-Illuminated
- If you require our assistance with council applications
- If you require us to install or is it just for supply only
- The address of where the sign is located
- Any photos of the current location and/ or construction drawings if it is to be fixed to a new building
We can provide footings or structural framing for your signage, or alternatively, we are happy to work with your builder and or architect to achieve the best results.
Albert Smith Signs are happy work through a payment plan that can suit both parties. In most instances we do require a deposit with the remaining balance to be paid at completion of installation or dispatch.
Design & Materials
You have an opportunity to change your mind throughout the quote process; once you have placed your order, we try to limit to one free change prior to your project being released to the factory. Once released, we are able to make minor changes but may incur a charge dependant on how far your project is in manufacture process.
All our materials have been sourced to provide the highest quality & longevity-
- We are a platinum accredited supplier of 3M products.
- Our paint specialists work with a variety of quality supplied products including Dulux.
- We source materials such as our precoated ACM’s that are designed for the harshest conditions.
We take pride in the quality and range we can provide our clients, and our specialised finishes include but are not limited to:
- Chemical resistant
- Matt, Gloss, Semi-Gloss, Metallic
- Frosted & Dusted
- Brushed, Polished & Weathered
Albert Smith Signs have the facilities to provide you with a design that will not only suit your brand but also the signs you require.
YES! Albert Smith Signs have designed a range of packages for a variety of industries and will have no problem finding design solutions for your brand.
At Albert Smith Signs we prefer files in Corel; However, we do accept high quality PDF’s, Revit or EPS Files if required – Note: If the files are not supplied in the above, we may have to include additional artwork cost to your order request.
Colour codes such as Dulux, Pantones, 3M Vinyl or similar which are Australian based colour codes are acceptable.
Besides a great art file and specified colour, our designers always require the specified font type.
Aftercare & Installation
We highly suggest a site survey is to be conducted to confirm information that will be required for the construction or installation of your sign. Without a site survey we cannot take responsibility for any issues that may arise below:
- Sign being too big or too small for the desired location for accurate measurements
- The substrate the sign is to be fixed to is insufficient for signage installation
- Obstructions or hindrances that may obstruct sign installation
We would only be able to provide engineering for the construction of the sign but not for the installation.
We consider all necessary fire regulations when quoting your signs and work with you to provide the best outcome possible, while following the necessary guidelines that your council & state have in place as they develop.
We will provide you with all relative documentation to prove that the signs we have supply and installed are legal & safe. This may include:
- Construction Drawings and Engineering certification
- Form 15 – QLD
- Certification of Compliance (Regulation 126) (Design) – VIC
- Form 35 – TAS
- BA3 – Certificate of Design Compliance – WA
- Section 40 Cert of Compliance – NT
- Site inspection by a registered Engineer
- Form 16 – QLD
- Certificate of Compliance (Regulation 126) (Installation) – VIC
- Certificate of Final Inspection – Building work section 152- Form 12 (Building surveyor only) – TA
- Section 40 – NT
- Council Applications for development Approvals
- Council Applications for Building Approvals
- Fire Engineering reports – Engaging our independent fire engineer to provide performance outcome solutions – If Required
- Material specified reports – If required
Any sign that has the potential to hurt someone requires engineering. Engineering certification ensures that the sign itself has been constructed in a way, in which it is deemed safe. If we are installing, we also provide site specific engineering to confirm the fixings used, and the installation method has been deemed safe and the potential to fail has been minimalised.
Seek guidance if any of the below may apply to your next signage project where the sign may be visible from outside the property:
- Property zoning and heritage listing
- Can be visible from a state-controlled road or motorway
- If the signage is offensive
- May have environmental impacts
- Consider the size of the sign & Illumination
Each Council & State has a set of rules to regulate what can be built.
Any sign that can be seen from the roadways or outside the property line requires council approval.
- Yes, you do not require council approval for internal signage or signage that cannot be seen from the road or directly from the public.
- Council has the right to request the signage to be removed or they will remove it at your cost. This can also include substantial fines.
- Albert Smith Signs will not install your signage without the council’s consent if it is required.
Local Authority requirements vary a lot. It is our job to facilitate those dealings with Council so that the appropriate approvals and licenses are put in place.
Your Account Manager will be able to provide an outline of the activities involved in getting your premises branded and the expected timelines. Generally, it will take around 4 – 6 weeks to have your signs installed, from receipt of Council permits.
We will provide you with the knowledge on how to maintain your signs or, alternatively, let us do it for you under a pre-agreed custom designed Preventative Maintenance proposal.
Please visit our website Albert Smith Signs to see what we do. A very broad range of products are available from us. You may see something you like and it will provide a good starting point to talk to us.