The journey between BP Australia and Albert Smith Signs began over 50 years ago in 1964, with the refurbishment of a number of BP locations throughout Queensland. Our journey together continued on from that time and has included two major brand roll outs.
The Horizon project began in the early 90’s and continued into the decade. Many of you will recall when BP went green and the BP logo of the green and gold shield. Albert Smith designed, manufactured and installed over 1000 sites for Australia plus New Zealand and Pacific Islands as well as Malaysia and Singapore.
The Harmony project roll out began in 2001 with the change to the BP colours of green and pearl and the addition of the BP helios logo that we still see today. Albert Smith Signs designed, manufactured and supplied all the internal and external branding requirements. An investment of over $1M was made in purpose built and designed machinery to manufacture Harmony product including the BP canopy, various directional signs, pylons signs; all with electronic scrolling digits and the Wild Bean Café signage and menu boards.
What a Journey Across Australia!
Our recent journey with BP was to manufacture and supply two monolith pylons for their Western Australia site at Baldivis.
The 20 metre pylons, with a weight of just under 20 tons, were transported in one piece on engineered stillage with no damage, on a journey that’s travelling a similar distance from New York to Los Angeles. What a journey!
Through design innovation we were able to further improve the quality of our product and reduce any future maintenance by a new method of face fitment.
A new journey has begun with BP – Bright Green Beacon – with the manufacture and supply of new portals, directional signs and fascia cladding. Watch for this continuing roll out.
The journey between BP and Albert Smith Signs has definitely stood the test of time – over 50 years of quality designs, products, logistics and customer service.